Sunday, April 24, 2011

Kiesha Abrahams: The crime, so easy, it is the cover-up that makes it so complex, one lie bigger than the last until there is no return..'.parents and their faked abductions'

THE distraught mother of missing six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams has begged people to "stop judging me" as investigations continue into the child's movements over the past three weeks.
Kristi Abrahams says she last saw her daughter when she tucked her into bed about 9.30pm (AEST) on Saturday at her Mount Druitt home in western Sydney.
The next morning, Kiesha's bed was empty and the front door was ajar, although there was no sign of a forced entry.

An important part of the investigation includes finding out whether anyone outside her immediate family saw Kiesha since July 7, Detective Inspector Russell Oxford of the New South Wales Police homicide squad has said.

Her mother today told Seven News her "happy" and "funny" daughter, who loved animals and macaroni and cheese, was "with me" over the past three weeks and it was unfair to question Kiesha's whereabouts.

"They need to stop judging me, they don't know me," a visibly distressed Ms Abrahams said.

This afternoon, detectives took Ms Abrahams and Kiesha's stepfather Rob Smith to Mount Druitt police station for questioning, but the pair were not under arrest,
ninemsn reported.
Police said the pair, and Kiesha's biological father, were helping with their inquiries.

Police said earlier this week that Kiesha's biological father was not considered a suspect.

Search widens

Meanwhile, the search for Kiesha was stepped up as the investigation into her disappearance moved into its fourth day.

An expanded team of 115 searchers, including police, Rural Fire Service and State Emergency Service volunteers, spent the day trawling bushland 2km from Kiesha's Woodstock Avenue home.

They also canvassed homes in the neighbourhood.

Police say Kiesha's grandmother last saw her on July 7, when the little girl visited her newborn brother in hospital.

That was the last time anyone, apart from Kiesha's mother and stepfather, is reported to have seen the little girl.

Friends and family have described Kiesha as happy, quiet and not given to wandering off.
Kiesha's biological father Christopher Weippeart says he's struggling with Kiesha's disappearance.

"I'm expecting the worst and, yeah, hoping for the best," he told Seven.

"I've already prepared for it, you know?"

Troubled life

Earlier it was revealed that, as a toddler, Kiesha was admitted to a western Sydney hospital with a bite wound inflicted by an adult.

The injury suffered by the pretty blue-eyed girl was yesterday described by a source as a "significant bite wound".
It has also emerged that Kiesha was known to numerous government departments, such as education and health.

But most of the harrowing details of her life cannot be reported for legal reasons.

Police have confirmed Kiesha had been absent from school for the past three weeks.
Premier concerned

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally today refused to comment on whether Kiesha was known to state welfare authorities, including DoCS.

"I'm not going to comment on what is an ongoing investigation, except to say that this is a very concerning situation," she said.

"This is a family's worst nightmare.

"Right now we are allowing police to get on with their investigations."

Read more: