Tuesday, May 15, 2012

#McCann #Leveson : #Brooks Makes Statement - Follow LIVE.

5.28pm: Rebekah Brooks adds:

Whilst I have always respected the criminal justice system, you have to question whether this decision has been made on a proper impartial assessment of the evidence.
Although I understand the need for a thorough investigation, I am baffled by the decision to charge me. However I cannot express my anger enough that those close to me have unfairly been dragged into this.
As the details of the case emerge people will see today as an expensive sideshow, and a waste of public money as a result of this weak and unjust decision.

5.28pm: Charlie Brooks says:

I feel today is an attempt to use me and others as scapegoats, the effect of which is to ratchet up the pressure on my wife, who I believe is the subject of a witch hunt.
There are 172 police officers, about the equivalent of eight murder squads, working on this; so it doesn't surprise me that the pressure is on to prosecute, no matter how weak the cases will be.
I am confident that the lack of evidence against me will be borne out in court, but I have grave doubts that my wife will ever get a fair trial, given the volume of biased commentary which she has been subject to.
We look forward to fighting this in court.


http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/may/15/rebekah-brooks-charging-leveson-inquiry?CMP=twt_gu

Rebekah: I am baffled that I am being charged. I cannot express my anger that those closed to me have been dragged into this

Rebekah Brooks: One day people will see this for what it is - an expensive sideshow, a waste of public money