Wednesday, September 8, 2010

STATEMENT: Paul Anthony Gordon

Mr.Gordon would have been the perfect back drop to the McCanns abduction. Mr.Gordon admits pressure from Team McCann and placed an official complaint with the police., we can be truly thankful to Mr.Gordon,  for he is a decent person, otherwise we would have had another Gail Cooper on our hands. Mr.Gordon ,the only one to not make money from the death of Madeleine McCann.

05- Cartas rogatoria 5 Pages 36 to 39




Leicestershire Police Force

Witness Account

Statement by Paul Anthony Gordon

Occupation: Accountant

Date : 24th April 2008


Pages 36 to 38

Witness statement of Paul Anthony Gordon (former holiday

maker in Apartment 5A) 2008.04.24

NOTE: There is no word "tenhos". It should either be "tenho" [I have] or

"temos" [we have].

Not being certain, I omitted the personal pronoun in my translation.

Testimony from Pa.Go

Age if less than 18 years:

Occupation: Accounting Technician

This statement (consisting of 4 pages and signed by me) is true and in

line with my understanding. I depose being aware that, given proof to

the contrary, I will be subject to prosecution in the case I had

voluntarily testified to something I know to be false or does not

correspond to the truth.

Date: April 24, 2008

Signature ______________________________________________

I am married to Sal and [SEE NOTE ABOVE] have two children, our son xxxxxxx of three

years of age and our daughter xxxxxxx of two years of age. We have lived

at our present address since July 2007.

We took the decision to take a family holiday before we changed home.

Sal did a search of places to vacation and found the place to go in

Portugal - in the village of Mark Warner. We stayed in the same

apartment that the McCann family would come to share, 5A of the Ocean

Club in Praia da Luz.

We travelled directly from Gatwick to Faro on 21 April 2007. We were

transferred from the airport to our accommodation by staff of Mark

Warner, and everything went well with our vacation.

The week was quiet, the children went to kindergarten either in the

morning or in part of the afternoon and there was a day that I think

they went all day - but I cannot state this with exactitude. The

children always returned to the apartment at lunchtime for a nap that

usually occurred between 13.00 and 15.00. The children were always in

our company when they were not at the nursery, and frequently we took

them to the beach for an ice cream.

On Wednesday or Thursday the children were sleeping in the apartment and

Sal also was inside - reading a book if I am not mistaken. I was seated

in the paved garden that is facing the area of the pool, when I heard a

male voice say "Hello". The voice came from the gate that leads to the

road on the corner of the apartment and connects to the main reception


I stood up and I went to the man who asked me if I would be interested

to contribute a donation to an orphanage in the interior mountains. I

spoke with him and noticed that he had a badge with identification and

that he had what seemed to me to be a book of receipts.

I thought that either he was genuine or a professional "cheat". It was

then that I entered the apartment and asked Sal where was the money, and

returned with a 10 euro note that I gave to him. I can not say exactly

where he put the money and I think that he gave me a receipt, which I

imagine that I threw away or left in Portugal. At the time I thought the

individual aggressive or having a persistent manner. I felt he was

genuine and it appeared to be for a good cause.

I would describe the man as educated, with good appearance and brought

with him a pamphlet. He had dark hair with slight tendency to gray, his

skin seemed to be tanned [by the sun]. I would say that he was more than

forty years old and 1.77 - 1.80cm in height - that is hard to say with

certainty since I was looking down at him from a higher position.

I would add that the man was robustly built but was not fat. Wearing a

light green polo, trousers and shoes.

After all this time I do not know if he had a slight goatee on the

picture of the identification badge [card] or in person. But in one way

or another I remember him as being clean and shaven and with light

facial hair. I would say that I was with this man 2-3 minutes. The

individual was not seen by the children since they were in bed asleep,

nor seen by Sal since she remained inside while I spoke with him. I had

never seen this man before and saw him no more after that. Apart from

mentioning him to Sal I did not speak again about this man while I was

in Portugal.

The man did not seem to be knocking from door to door and as far as I

remember moved away from from our apartment, walking down hill.

While we were in Portugal there were no incidents worthy of record,

beyond this man that I have described, however there was a time when I

cut myself shaving in the bathroom of the apartment. I would say that

the cut bled for about a 45 minutes and that it took some time until the

cut stopped bleeding, during which period I walked around the apartment

with paper tissues trying to stop the blood. Aside from this, to the

best of my knowledge no one else cut themselves nor did anyone die in

the apartment.

During our stay we never left the children alone, other than in the care

and supervision of the nursery staff. We felt safe and there was no

reason for concerns.

I was satisfied with the care that the children received in the creche

and they were well although they were not our company.

Other than the charity donations collector we had no other visitors nor

did we sense anything strange.

We felt safe in the apartment and at no time was anything was stolen or

missing the apartment.

The doors, windows and shutters were in perfect condition of operation.

There was no sign of the doors, windows and blinds ever having been

broken into, but also there was no need to examine [them]. The front

door had a double lock that was difficult to lock, but we managed to do

it. The patio door did not lock from the outside, only from the inside

of the apartment and for that reason when the family left [went out] we

always used the front door.

We used to open the blinds during the day, returning to close them at

night. When the blinds were [being] closed they made much noise.

[NOTE: Descreverias como tendo um cinto no interior como mecanismo para abrir e


You [singular] would have described [something???] as having a belt inside as a

mechanism to open and close.

I think that the single word "Descreverias" should be two words

"Descreveria as" meaning "I would have described them", giving the translation as:

I would have described them [the blinds] as having a belt inside as a mechanism

to open and close [them].

Possibly, on some occasions, Sal and I even used the patio door as a

passage way, generally when we were at the pool and needed to return.

Regarding the couch I do not remember where it was positioned in the

room. I would say that it was next to the wall to prevent children from

walking around it, but beyond saying that it was blue, I can not affirm

anything else.

The children slept in the bedroom facing the car park - the window had a

Persian blind, Sal and I slept in the bedroom with the door to the

patio. Whoever entered from the patio, our bedroom would be on the [to

their] left.

[NOTE: He is saying that the master bedroom had French windows that gave

access to/from the veranda; he is not saying that the sliding patio door

in the lounge was in his bedroom.]

Generally we took breakfast at the Millennium restaurant, lunch in

apartment and dinner at Millennium, dining only on two occasions in the

Tapas Bar - on the second day and the sixth day.

[NOTE: Given the day-of-week naming in Portugal this last phrase is potentially ambiguous

and the original Portuguese (or English) needs to be checked.]

I remember there [having been] a limit to the number of times we could

eat meals at Tapas, but we managed to do it twice. The children always

accompanied us during dinner and for that reason we tried to do it at

the earliest possible time so that they could return to sleep at a

reasonable hour.

At no time did we leave our children alone.

When we finished the holiday (on 28 April 2007) our luggage was taken to

the reception, where I delivered the keys and I settled the account. We

were transported to the airport by Mark Warner and returned to Gatwick

the same day.

To the best of my knowledge I never met the McCann family and never

delivered the key to anyone other than the staff of Mark Warner.

The holidays were good, the children enjoyed themselves at the nursery

and we had no worries of any kind while they were there. The resort was

affordable and was well located. Our opinion has changed only after the

disappearance of Madeleine.

I want to add that since January this year I have received numerous

phone calls, messages and visits from the press regarding the collector

of donations, which in turn put me in contact with other people such as

Brian Kennedy, Kate and Gerry McCann. I feel that this is a constraint

that makes it difficult to take the more correct decision.

I tried always to cooperate with the police in every way possible,

telephoning them at the first available opportunity as soon as the news

broke about the disappearance of Madeleine. There are certain times when

I feel like a pawn in chess.

This testimony was prepared by me and is true and according to my knowledge.



39 Witness statement of Paul Anthony Gordon (former holidayer in Apartment 5A) 2008.05.01


Page 39


Witness statement of Paul Anthony Gordon (former holiday

maker in Apartment 5A) 2008.04.24

Statement of: Paul Anthony Gordon

Age if less than 18 years:

Occupation: Sales Mediator

This statement (consisting of 4 pages and signed by me) is true and in

line with my understanding. I depose being aware that, given proof to

the contrary, I will be subject to prosecution in the case I had

voluntarily testified to something I know to be false or does not

correspond to the truth.

Date: 1 May 2008

Signature ______________________________________________

Following my statement of Thursday, 24 April 2008, it has been granted to me today the

opportunity to read mu original statement, dated 6 May 2007. Present are DC 1485 Messiah

and DC 4064 Holliday of the Leicestershire Constabulary.

After having read the statement I can confirm that the time at which I saw the collector

of donations was around 14h30 and 15h00, and as stated previously the children would sleep

[take an after lunch nap; siesta] in the apartment generally between 13h00 and 15h00 daily.

I would say that I spoke with the individual before they woke up.

From memory I would say that this was on the Wednesday or the Thursday of our holidays in

Praia da Luz in 2007..