Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kates book of fabrication...page 243


p. 243

Carlos said the police were offering a deal: confess to having hidden and disposed of the body, then they’d get a much more lenient sentence, just two years; otherwise they would face a homicide charge.

Dr Kate: “Pardon? I really wasn’t sure if I could possibly have heard him correctly. My incredulity turned to rage. How dare they suggest I lie? How dare they expect me to live with such a charge against my name?…Did they really expect me to confess to a crime they had made up, to falsely claim to the whole world that my daughter was dead, when the result would be that the whole world stopped looking for her? This police tactic might have worked in the past, but it certainly wasn’t going to work with me. Over my dead body. Carlos insisted: ‘You need to think about it. It would only be one of you. Gerry could go back to work’, I was speechless’.”

Dr Kate: “Gerry was distraught now. He was on his knees, head hung low. ‘We’re finished. Our life is over’, he kept saying over and over. The realisation that we were at the mercy of an incomprehensible criminal justice system had hit him hard. It was excruciating to see him like this…he is usually so strong…I felt like a character in a soap opera. Ant time now the director would call ‘Cut!’ and this scene would be over”.

p. 244

Carlos kept repeating the phrase: ‘This is the point of no return’.

Dr Kate: “I could feel myself shaking. ‘Do you want me to lie? What would you do, Carlos?”

Dr Kate explains how she has started to lose confidence in carlos, as even he seems to doubt their story.

Dr Kate: “My anger and ferocious maternal instinct began to permeate Gerry’s despair. He was regaining his composure, his powers of reason and his fighting spirit. ‘They’ve got nothing!’, he fired at Carlos. He began pointing out the many flaws in the PJ’s ‘evidence’ and the complete absence of any logic.

Dr Kate: “Trisha and Eileen, disturbed by the noise, appeared from their room. Keeping a lid on my anger for long enough to enable me to communicate clearly, I brought them up to speed. Within seconds there were three raging lionesses pacing the villa. Recognising the need to switch into crisis-management mode, we calmed each other down. Gerry and I made it very clear to Trisha and Eileen that if we didn’t return from the police station the next day, they should take the children out of the country as soon as possible”.


http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t15028-find-the-body-and-prove-we-killed-her-in-relation-to-p-243-of-kates-book