With thanks to A. Miller for allowing reproduction here
Posted: 21 November 2010, removed: 22 November 2010
These questions were originally posted within the Sunday Express' "Have Your Say" comments section which accompanied the article, 'Kate and Gerry McCann get help from JK Rowling', published 21 November 2010. These comments, along with all other comments, were removed at around 09:50am the following morning.
This was not a pre-scripted list, it flowed as thoughts emerged, and needs to be read in that context. Whilst the author has kindly allowed me to make amendments, I have decided to keep it as originally posted as any amendments by me would destroy the spontaneity and emotion of the original.
1. Will Kate McCann in her book tell us why she left her three children, a three year old and two, two year olds alone in a dark unlocked apartment in a country foreign to them?
This she did for 5 consecutive nights!
2. Will Kate McCann tell us why, despite being told by her three year old daughter on the morning of the day she was reported missing, that she and her baby brother had been awake, afraid and crying the previous evening, crying because mummy and daddy had left them once again – why she or her husband Gerry did not stay and look after the children but, decided it was BEST to leave them once more in an unlocked apartment?
3. Will Kate McCann tell us why she discussed this at the dinner table with friends, telling them that she left the door open for Madeleine to wander into the night in her bare feet and pyjamas to look for mummy and daddy in the pub?
4. Will Kate McCann tell us why knowing her three babies had cried for her, knowing she had left them alone again, knowing she had left the door unlocked, that she sat in the pub for over 90 minutes and DID NOT go and check on her children?
5. Will Kate McCann tell us why when she arrived at the apartment she, and I quote – 'wasn't going to bother to look in the bedroom to do a visual check' of her children?
6. Will Kate McCann tell us why when she noticed the bedroom door more open, curious she walked towards it, but STILL did not look inside to see if her children were okay, she simply closed it over?
7. Will Kate McCann tell us why in their original police statements it is said that both she and Gerry, her husband entered the apartment by the locked front door USING THEIR KEY?
8. Will Kate McCann tell us why she told the world that the bedroom window was open and the shuttered jemmied open when she arrived at the apartment, when this was NOT the truth and her highly paid spokesperson, Clarence Mitchell, ex Labour Party Media Monitor had to retract this very statement?
9. Will Kate McCann tell us why they then changed their story of the window and shutter being jemmied open – the route she stated the abductor had used (forensics proved that no one had gone through this window either in or out) to there now being an unlocked patio door, which then conveniently became the means of entry for an alleged intruder?
10. Will Kate McCann tell us why she immediately before searching for her child, before raising the alarm to her friends, before contacting the police, knew that her daughter had been abducted? She had left the patio door unlocked she stated for the child to leave the apartment in the cold dark night to look for her and Gerry McCann in the pub. Why would she not have considered that this is what the child might have done? Done what her parents expected of her!
11. Will Kate McCann tell us why she later stated that Madeleine would never leave her toddler twin brother and sister on their own, therefore would NOT have left the apartment?
12. Will Kate McCann tell us why when her daughter told her that she had been awake and crying because mummy and daddy were not there to care for and comfort her, that she and Gerry began thinking when this might have been, I quote "was it maybe when we were bathing them that they had cried?" Bathing them that is before leaving them!
Mrs Kate McCann and Mr. Gerry McCann stated the above in televised interview. Such a ridiculous answer to the question put to them. Quite clearly the child had asked of her parents – why had they not come when she and her baby brother had cried for them?
13. Will Kate McCann tell us why her friend who supposedly saw a man carrying off their daughter at around 9:15 pm did not tell them of this until the early hours of the next morning?
14. Will Kate McCann tell us why this same friend did not notice the open window at this time?
15. Will Kate McCann tell us why she allowed a man whom her children did not know, a man who said he did not know the McCann children into her apartment that night to check on her children?
If the children were awake and distressed as they were on the previous night when alone, the sight of this man would terrify them half to death. Was this man to then return to the pub leaving the children in a more distressed condition and tell the parents they were awake and crying?
16. Will Kate McCann tell us why when no one within that group of parents checked on each other’s children throughout that week, that this one night they allowed the one person in the group who stated he did not know the children to do so?
17. Will Kate McCann tell us why, if the window and shutter were not jemmied open and NOT open at 9:30/9:40 ish when this man checked on her children how it came to be open when she checked 20 minutes later?
18. Will Kate McCann tell us why police forensics found ONLY her fingerprints on this window area?
19. Will Kate McCann tell us why she believes the alleged abductor opened this window, not as his means of entry/exit (that was her original story) but as a 'red herring?' This she states on the McCann Website!
20. Will Kate McCann tell us – if the abductor opened this window and jemmied the shutter(as a red herring) and was seen carrying off the child (in the McCann abduction theory) at 9:10/9:15, how did it come to be closed when the man from their party – Matt Oldfield did a check of the McCann apartment at 9:30/9:40? And open again when she arrived at 10’ish?
21. Will Kate McCann tell us how this possibly could be?
22. Will Kate McCann tell us in light of this crucial information (that the window was closed at 9:35/9:40) how it is that she will not accept that her daughter could possibly have been removed from the apartment after the time of the check by Matt Oldfield and the time she arrived at 10:00 pm?
Matt Oldfield said he glanced in the McCann children's bedroom but did not bother to look and see if Madeleine was in her bed.
The window and shutter being intact at this time clearly indicates that if someone was seen at 9:15 carrying off the child, then it was NOT this person who opened the window and shutter!
That window and shutter were opened after 9:40 and 10:00 pm Kate McCann’s check. Only her fingerprints were found on the window area!
This shuttered window (shutters that are not able to be opened from the outside – that is their purpose – security) was beside the front locked door, and one had to pass right alongside it to get to the front door.
23. Will Kate McCann tell us why on her check of the children – when she entered the apartment by the front locked door, passing the shuttered window (as was the original version given to police) that she failed to notice that the shutter was almost fully up and the window open as far as was possible?
24. Will Kate McCann tell us why the sighting of a man by an Irish family, the name of Smith, four adults, who saw a man carrying a blonde child in pyjamas, was not followed up with purpose?
25. Will Kate McCann tell us what she thinks of the fact that one of the Smith family members is sure that the man he saw carrying the child was GERRY McCann?
26. Will Kate McCann tell us why she told police that Madeleine's pyjamas had a tea stain on them on the morning of the 3rd May 2007 and that she had had to wash this stain out? She did not know how the stain came to be on the pyjamas as it was a dried stain, aged. She had not noticed this when she put her to bed the previous evening and at that time she had only given the child milk to drink. What was her reason for bringing this up?
Did Madeleine attempt to make tea in the absence of her parents on the night of the 2nd? Did she do so again on the night of the 3rd and was injured? What is the significance of mentioning a tea stain?
27. Will Kate McCann tell us why she asked Madeleine at teatime on the night she vanished, if she was upset at not having been asked to the beach with all of the other families in their group that day?
A cruel thing for a mother to do!
28. Will she tell us why she asked this of her daughter when it was not true? The McCann's had been asked to join the others, but declined!
29. Will Kate tell us why their versions of events change quite dramatically from one televised interview to another?
30. Will Kate McCann tell us why she did not answer the questions put to her by police, hindering the investigation into the disappearance of her daughter?
31. Will Kate McCann tell us why she accepted that her friends felt to take part in a criminal reconstruction of events of the evening her daughter disappeared as requested by police, was a pointless exercise and refused to do so?
One friend said it would be too emotional – outrageous!
The McCann's believe their daughter is alive, most likely with paedophiles, and yet they all felt to assist police was pointless and would be too emotional.
Let us hope the wee girl understands their distress if she is ever found alive and rescued from the years of torture at the hands of the paedophiles!
32. Will Kate McCann tell us in what way the book by Goncalo Amaral, the ex police officer who has much experience a skilled and respected officer during his time with the Portuguese police, and who reported in his book the findings of the police investigation, will she tell us how that has hindered the McCann private investigation? Will she give us specific examples of this?
33. Will Kate McCann tell us why they have disrespected the ruling of the Court in Portugal and have refused to return to Goncalo Amaral the books belonging to him?
34. Will Kate McCann tell us if she and her husband are holding on to 'The Truth of the Lie' by Goncalo Amaral as they fear it being published in the UK?
35. Will Kate McCann tell us whether it is the case or not that they want their book published in the UK before Goncalo Amaral's – which is the account of the police investigation?
36. Will Kate McCann tell us why there is an online petition for a review of the case of missing Madeleine, when she knows that this will hold no water with either Government, Portugal or UK in helping along any review?
Theresa May has made this quite clear, that the crimes against this child Madeleine McCann – abandonment and whatever else, where committed in Portugal and only the Portuguese have jurisdiction! Ann Widdecombe also wrote a piece on this!
37. Will Kate McCann tell us why they are waiting for the petition to reach 100,000 signatures before taking it to..? They know perfectly well that it is of no use!
38. Will Kate McCann tell us why on the steps of the Lisbon Court they claimed that the Portuguese police had information marked as irrelevant re missing Madeleine which contained important leads and new sightings of the child, information which was passed to them in January 2010 yet they stated on televised interview but two weeks ago that their private investigation has come up with nothing? Gerry McCann stated they have no leads at all!
39. What happened to this information, did they check it out and realise that the Portuguese police had indeed done their job?
40. Will Kate McCann tell us why it is, for the umpteenth time since their daughter disappeared that they have made claims that their Fund is running low (usually standing around £300,00 - £500,000 at these times) and that this phenomenal amount of money is not enough to search for their daughter!
41. Will Kate McCann tell us why on televised interview two weeks ago that the McCann's once again made these claims, appealing for money from the public, when at that time they the McCann's had secured a book deal and had been given an advance payment in this regard, that 600,000 words of the book were already on paper?
42. Will Kate McCann tell us why they mislead the public in this respect?
43. Will Kate McCann tell us why it is that they continually in interview state that no one is looking for Madeleine with the exception of her and Gerry and a £multi million Fund donated by the public, and imply that the Portuguese police have abandoned them?
Kate and Gerry McCann, before this case was shelved, did have the opportunity to request that it remain open. They allowed the deadline date to pass.
Kate and Gerry McCann, as do the rest of the world, realise that no investigation be it murder or missing persons remains open indefinitely when there is no new information or leads. Investigations throughout the world are shelved until such times as new credible and relevant information comes to light.
44. Will Kate McCann tell us why she insists on their portrayal of the abandoned parents, abandoned by the police both here in the UK and in Portugal when this is not the case at all?
Why would these parents do this, for sympathy, for donations to their Fund?
45. Will Kate McCann tell us why she and husband Gerry will not go to Portugal request the RE-OPENING of this case – (not merely a review – which has in fact been done before) and co-operate with the Portuguese authorities in taking part in a criminal reconstruction, along with their friends, and also answering any questions put to them this time around?
They both know that this would go a long way to having this case re-opened?
46. Will Kate McCann tell us if the Private Detective Dave Edgar,ex police British Police Officer, has any ideas of his own regarding how Madeleine came to be missing, or as their employee is he simply going through the motions, going along with them, agreeing with their theory on abduction, the time it took place etc?
It would seem odd for a detective to agree entirely with them, when you consider the fact that there is NOT one shred of evidence that abduction took place, and the many versions of events told by the couple both in their police statements and on televised interview. More importantly, it would not be in keeping with the police files detailing the findings of the Portuguese police, which do NOT point to abduction?
Does he and all of the many PI's before him, simply pick up their pay cheque and not ask questions?
Two and a half years he has been employed by them and he has come up with nothing at all!
47. Will Kate McCann tell us why this private detective Dave Edgar said in press conference that Jane Tanner their friend who supposedly saw a man carrying off Madeleine at 9:15 pm (while her daddy Gerry stood on the street and the guy walked more or less right by him) may not have seen a man but a WOMAN?
48. Will Kate McCann tell us why this detective has reached the conclusion that Madeleine is in a lair in PDL wilderness, yet they have not used any of the £millions in the Fund to search here?
49. Will Kate McCann tell us if the £300,000 left in the pot, plus the advance from the book deal will be ploughed into doing just that, searching this area?
50. Will Kate McCann tell us why if their private investigator believes this is where Madeleine is being held, that they stated on televised interview that they had NO LEADS at all?
51. Will Kate McCann tell us why in their documentary, self made, that Gerry McCann enters the apartment on his check of his children, using the front locked door (which ties in with his FIRST police statement) yet he changed this story to having entered by the unlocked patio door?
52. Will Kate McCann tell us why their documentary was littered with items which do not tie in with their police statements and other televised interviews?
53. Will Kate McCann tell us why mid way through the holiday they changed their system of leaving the children in a locked apartment to leaving them in an unlocked apartment?
54. Will Kate McCann tell us why they would think that this was the safer option?
Kate McCann and Gerry McCann stated that they began leaving the patio door unlocked as the noise from the front door might wake their children (my goodness how awful for them, to have to attend to their OWN crying children whom they had left alone in a strange environment) if up until that point the opening of the door had NOT disturbed their children, and all was well, why then would they even discuss leaving their children so vulnerable or how could they, not as medical professional reach the decision that this would be best for their three wee kiddies?
55. Will Kate McCann tell us on WHAT night they decided it best to leave their children in an unlocked apartment, leaving their children more at risk, more vulnerable?
56. Will Kate McCann tell us what instruction she gave to Madeleine in respect of exiting the apartment and going out into the cold dark night to search for mummy and daddy?
57. Will Kate McCann tell us if she left warm clothing out for the child?
58. Will Kate McCann tell us at what time and on what day she told Madeleine that the door would be left unlocked for her to exit?
59. Will Kate McCann tell us, what was her three year old daughter's reaction to this plan?
Did the child jump for joy at hearing this news, or did she, as one would expect of a three year old, upset at the idea that her parents were going out to leave them again, and scared witless at the prospect of having to go out into the night alone and look for them?
60. Will Kate McCann tell us if she unlocked the child safety gate at the top of the stairs which Madeleine would have had to negotiate had she left through the unlocked patio door?
61. Will Kate McCann tell us how she could have possibly been comfortable going out to dinner knowing that she had left the door unlocked for the purpose of her three year old child to exit out into the night, negotiate child gates, steep stairs onto an open road with vehicular traffic and then to somehow search for her mummy and daddy?
62. Will Kate McCann tell us of the conversation she had at the dinner table when she explained what she had done - left the door unlocked for Madeleine to exit into the night- to the other mothers in her party, and how her best friend Fiona Payne told her that 'Madeleine would be fine?!'
63. Will Kate McCann tell us why it is that they have employed at least five lots of private investigators to search for their daughter, none of them experienced in looking for missing persons?
64. Will Kate McCann tell us why it is that they have a formidable legal team at the ready should they, Kate and Gerry McCann require their services if any criminal charges are brought against them?
65. Will Kate McCann tell us how they can manage to secure for themselves, only the very best in their field to protect them, yet for Madeleine there has been a string of dodgy detectives, who they have paid £1million from the Fund?
66. Will Kate McCann tell us why for 6 months they paid Metodo 3 a detective company, hundreds of thousands of pounds, a company who claimed they would return Madeleine by Christmas of that year they were employed by McCann’s, a company who had no experience in looking for missing persons?
67. Will Kate McCann tell us why they paid Kevin Halligen, from the firm Oakley, hundreds of thousands of pounds to search for Madeleine, a fraudster, who was wanted by the FBI and who is now in prison in the UK awaiting extradition to the US?
68. Will Kate McCann tell us how their formidable team did not know the background of this man?
69. Will Kate McCann tell us why their spokesperson Clarence Mitchell, at the time the news broke re Kevin Halligen, stated that Halligen had done a good job whilst in the McCann's employ?
70. Will Kate McCann tell us why later news report were of the McCann's being ripped off by this man, though no comment from the McCann's? Someone swindles them out of hundred of thousands of pounds and they have nothing to say!
71. Will Kate McCann tell us why they are not attempting to re-coup this money, and why they choose to sweep this under the carpet?
72. Will Kate McCann tell us why they are not taking action against this man but would rather ask the public to once again put their hands in their pockets, despite knowing also that they had a book deal, and an advance payment coming their way?
73. Will Kate McCann tell us why if as they said in interviews given to the UK news channels recently, that their Fund was low, did they contradict this on Portuguese television stating that they had been quoted inaccurately? This was not true. It was not a case of inaccurate reporting, they spoke on television we all heard what the McCann's had to say...nothing inaccurate about it!
74. Will Kate McCann tell us why (as she and her husband Gerry remain 'persons of interest' to any future re-investigation of this case) that she believes as 'possible suspects' if you like that they are entitled to be given access to the police files, those that are not available to the public?
75. Will Kate McCann tell us why their daughter Madeleine was made a Ward of Court?
This is generally to protect the child, often in cases where there is a dispute between parents over custody/one parent abducting the child taking to a foreign country perhaps. It is not a process used for stranger abduction! As the McCann couple are together, united, one has to ask:
76. Will Kate McCann tell us who it was that Madeleine required to be protected from?
It was not an alleged abductor!
77. Will Kate McCann tell us how often she attended church in PDL before Madeleine disappeared?
78. Will Kate McCann tell us why when Gerry McCann was asked if he knew Robert Murat (Murat was at one point made arguido in this case, as were the McCann couple) that he replied 'no comment?'
79. Will Kate McCann tell us, either yes or no – Did her husband Gerry know Robert Murat?
80. Will Kate McCann tell us why they tell the press and on televised interview that they have been cleared of any involvement in their daughter's disappearance, when this is not the case at all?
The McCann's have never been charged at this point in time with any crime against their children, therefore they have not appeared in a Court of Law, therefore cannot possibly have been CLEARED!
The McCann however were released from their arguida status. No more no less.
81. Will Kate McCann tell the public explain to them what measures, if any, they have taken to prevent once more, donations to this Fund being spent on dodgy detectives?
£1million thrown down the drain is one hell of a lot of money to have been so careless with. It was £1million that was donated to help find this child, and it was handed over to fly by night detectives, and I cannot for a moment understand how this could have happened?
82. Will Kate McCann tell us why the new set up within their Board of Directors (Gerry McCann's brother has now left amid speculation as to why) of which she and Gerry are now part, is more effective than before?
McCann's stated the new Board are more effective!
83. Will Kate McCann tell us if Mr. Kennedy the owner of the double glazing company is still meeting any of their costs, paying for Clarence Mitchell's salary, legal fees or otherwise?
84. Will Kate McCann tell us if Mr. Kennedy's solicitor is still acting on their behalf also?
85. Will Kate McCann tell us how much they are now paying for the 'spinning services' of Clarence Mitchell?
Full time salary was reported as £70,000 per annum, part time - £28,000 per annum!
86. Will Kate McCann tell us how many are on their payroll and at what cost?
87. Will Kate McCann tell us why on interview recently they claimed to be running short of money, but with the same token stated they had taken on 2 or 3 new private detectives?
88. Will Kate McCann tell us, with this team, now increased in number, if they have made any headway in this private investigation?
89. Will Kate McCann tell us if these 2/3 new detectives are simply going over the files which the 5 lots of private detectives before them did, to no avail?
90. Will Kate McCann tell us what salary is paid to each of these detectives?
91. Will Kate McCann tell us how many detectives are now on their team and what role, do each of them play?
92. Will Kate McCann tell us if Dave Edgar still leads this private investigation?
As he appears not to have noticed any of the great holes in the police statements, official police files, and has gone along with inconsistencies in the self made documentary, one has to question his motives?
93. Will Kate McCann tell us why she and Gerry McCann insist that the findings of the cadaver dogs should not be taken seriously? Dogs which have been used around the world and successfully so in such cases?
94. Will Kate McCann tell us how many patient deaths she attended in the weeks prior to going on holiday to Portugal?
95. Will Kate McCann tell us why it is that she believes Madeleine will be giving her captors and torturers 'her tuppence worth'?
Hardly likely that a child abducted held by paedophiles or anyone else would be giving them her 'tuppence worth!'
96. Will Kate McCann tell us how it is that she and her husband Gerry insist on stating that there is NO EVIDENCE that Madeleine has come to any harm...when clearly she has?
97. Will Kate McCann tell us why it is she and husband Gerry have never once said that they were sorry for the appalling neglect of their children, or more to the point have not ever accepted that they did wrong?
98. Will Kate McCann tell us why she and husband Gerry consider the heinous treatment of their children meted out by them, as being 'Within the Bounds of Responsible Parenting?'
99. Will Kate McCann tell us why husband Gerry said he knew there was something wrong in the apartment due to the bedroom door being open wider, yet he did not investigate how this came to be and chose to return to the pub, leaving the children alone again in the unlocked apartment?
100. Will Kate McCann tell us why on earth she would think that anyone would believe the ever changing stories of the events of that night, why when they are in black and white in the police files, available online, on televised interview also that she would think that her story could be taken seriously.
101. Will Kate McCann tell us why during the daytime, she and husband Gerry diligently locked their apartment when the family went out for the day, to protect their belongings from any would-be intruder...yet in the evenings the very same belongings, along with the most precious people in their lives, their three wee children were then abandoned in an unlocked apartment?
Did they consider Portugal to be a safer place by night than by day?
102. Will Kate McCann tell us why they did not take advantage of the night time babysitting service available to them?
103. Will Kate McCann tell us why they said they were mimicking a baby listening service, one which was NOT available at this complex as it was not considered to be a safe option, and of this they knew before travelling to Portugal?
Will Kate McCann in her book, tell yet again another 'account of the truth?'